Primary Teaching Assistants;
GALAXY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL UGANDA
About: Galaxy International School Uganda (GISU) is a co-educational school located in Lubowa, the school provides international education to students between 2 and half up to 19 years of age. From Early Years to Year 13 students are taught using student-centered methods. Emphasis is on the development of the whole person by producing creative, self-reliant, respectful and moral individuals who will build a better world for us all.
Job title: Teaching Assistants, Primary
Job brief: We are looking for four enthusiastic and lively teaching assistants to work with pupils between the ages of 5 to 11 years under a prescribed curriculum to develop students’ literacy and numeracy skills and foster social, physical and emotional growth. Subject areas within the curriculum include Mathematics, English, Science and Humanities.
The role involves support in the classroom and a high level of physical work and personal care of pupils.
- Assist in the Preparation of daily and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines;
- Acct as co- teacher by teaching a full range of subject areas with main focus on his/ her subject of competence;
- Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative instructional delivery and planning;
- Maintaining productive working habits and discipline in the classroom;
- Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks;
- Assessing and evaluating students’ educational progress and abilities;
- Assist with setting and conducting tests and exams;
- Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary;
- Organizing, attending and supervising school activities such as trips, school concerts, camps and sporting events;
- Attending staff meetings and training and development sessions.
- When required, the School Management can change your work assignments to fit the Educational needs of the school.
- Bachelor Education or Diploma in Primary Education;
- At least 1 year of working experience in Primary education, teaching in an International school setting is an added advantage;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Good organisational and time-management skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm, vigour, patience, dedication and self-discipline;
- Initiative, leadership and supervisory skills and team working abilities;
- Imagination, creativity and innovation;
- Good judgement and an analytical mind.