We are happy to announce that Galaxy International School Uganda is an official Owlypia exam centre.
A GLOBAL ONLINE COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS AGED 11-14 (OWLETS) AND 15-18 (OWLYS)
Owlypia is a global online competition inspired by The Intellectuals’ Challenge (TIC). It aims to inspire the intellectual curiosity in young minds around the world. The first Owlypia took place on 28 February 2018 with over 960 Owlypians participating from 28 countries around the world.
The dates for the upcoming Owlypia competitions: 23 March 2019.
Owlypia is an excellent opportunity for young individuals to compete with others online showing their knowledge and skills in their favorite subject areas. Young minds embrace challenges revolving around a central theme. This year’s theme is “Creativity: Beyond the Borders”. Any student aged 11-14 (Owlets) or 15-18 (Owlys) can enroll to take part in this online competition. Participants must choose their favourite subject and prepare themselves for the competition by using the recommended resources indicated under the subjects.
More information: www.owlypia.org/about/
We would like the young minds to
- Challenge their intellectual capability
- Expand their knowledge in specific areas
- Find their career paths
- Experience their academic area of interest from a global perspective
- Build their self–confidence through subject-based questions
- Deepen their knowledge and build multidisciplinary life skills
- Become actively involved in an online challenge
- Utilise individual qualities through collaborative activities
- Improve their language skills by studying particular subject areas.
OWLYPIA : Registration
Registration Deadline: 17.11.2018
Competition Date: 24.11.2018 – 8.30 AM
Registration Fee: 23€
Please contact with Uganda Owlypia Ambassador Mikail Alici : email@example.com
HOW IT WORKS
- By studying the content of each subject carefully, the young minds prepare themselves for the online competition. Each student will choose a favourite subject where 80% of the questions will come from. They are also expected to address 20% of the questions coming from the Common Ground.
- All participants must take the online test at their school or at an Owlypia Exam Centre under the supervision of their teachers or supervisors. The test will be invigilated in designated rooms; however, any guidance or support will not be provided to the participants in any way.
- The online test will be available to the students with a unique code/link, which will be sent to them by email in advance. Participants should follow the instructions on their screen on the day of examination.
- The participation fee is £20 per student.
- The online competition will take place on two dates in November and March. Both Owlypia tests will focus on the same theme “Creativity: Beyond the Borders”, but will consist of different questions. https://www.owlypia.org/how-it-works/
- “Creativity: Beyond the Borders” is the theme of the year 2018-2019! Owlypia has five main subjects and Common Ground.
- Young intellectuals are expected to select their favourite subject and focus on it. You may find the recommended resources under each subject below. The study resources contain several ﬁlms and videos to watch, alongside a range of books and articles to read. Some thought-provoking questions provided with each subject should be used to guide one’s research. Any combination of the articles, books, videos, films, blogs and research topics which we highlight online in our resources section is possible during the competition. We therefore advise that all materials are covered to ensure sufficient preparation along with the Common Ground.
- Social Sciences
- Art & Design
- Literature & Culture
- Science & Technology
- Economics & Business https://www.owlypia.org/subjects/