Dear Mathemania Puzzle Contest 2019 participants,
Galaxy International School Uganda is delighted to welcome you to the third Mathemania National Puzzle Contest on the 2nd of November 2019. It is with excitement and great anticipation that we await the contest to serve more students every year with the aim of helping them develop some fundamental skills needed for 21st-century education.
The puzzles in Mathemania Puzzle Contest are designed around 5 basic skills that are essential for students’ success in different subject areas such as mathematics, sciences and technology. The skills include arithmetic, visual/spatial, counting, pattern finding, and logical reasoning.
We are looking forward to hosting this grand event in 2019.
Let’s get puzzled then.
Some technical details about the Puzzle Contest are as follows:
Participants are placed at three different levels in the contest according to their class.
Primary Category Local Schools P5 – P7, International Schools Y5 – Y7
Secondary Category Local Schools S1 – S6, International Schools Y8 – Y13
The puzzles in the contest are designed around 5 skills:
- Arithmetic, where understanding of numerical skills are assessed.
- Visual/Spatial, where the visual skills are required to solve the puzzles.
- Counting, where students are required to use a systematic way to count.
- Pattern, where discovery of different level patterns is expected.
- Logical Reasoning, where students use their logical and reasoning skills to tackle the puzzles.