The school garden has an important relation to several school activities and clubs. It is an outgrowth of regular school work.. There is no better way of bringing children into contact with plant life than by raising flowers and vegetables in the garden.
In our cookery club boys and girls went out to observe the growth of plants, we cultivated them and finally observed the ripening of the fruits. We collected some green peppers, tomatoes, onions, cabbage to make Menemen.
Menemen is a traditional Turkish dish which includes eggs, tomato, green peppers, and spices such as ground black and red pepper cooked in sunflower oil. Cheese, and charcuterie products such as sucuk or pastırma may also be added. .
Menemen is commonly eaten for breakfast and served with bread.
Ingredients (For 10 -11 people)
· 2 onions
· 2 green peppers
· 20 tomatoes
· 6 eggs
· Some spices e.g. black pepper or red pepper
How to make it
· Cut 2 onions into small pieces
· Cut 2 green peppers into small pieces.
· Peel the 20 tomatoes then cut them into small pieces.
· Put oil on a frying pan- heat it
· Put in onions and green pepper together in a pan till they become brownish.
· Add tomatoes leave it covered till ready.
· Lastly add spices when ready add eggs.