Welcome to Galaxy International School Uganda
Galaxy International School Uganda (GISU) is a co-educational school located in Lubowa, 10km from Kampala, along the Kampala-Entebbe Road. Turn off before Roofings Ltd. and continue along the main road through the housing estate, about 300 metres from Quality Supermarket, the school is on the left.
The school provides international education to students between 2 and 19 years of age. From kindergarten to year 13 students are taught using student-centred methods. Emphasis is on the development of the whole person. Students in years 10 and 11 are prepared for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination and those in years 12 and 13 are prepared for Cambridge A level examination.
These examinations administered by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) are recognised worldwide. The school is privately owned with a Board of Governors and the day to day running of the school is managed by the Principal. The school is staffed with qualified and experienced staff from UK, USA, Canada, Turkey and East Africa.
“To be the best educational institution for producing creative, self-reliant, respectful and moral individuals who will build a better world for us all”.
“To offer a contemporary approach to academic and holistic education, supported by modern technology in an environment conducive to learning.”
The school embraces these values in order to achieve its goals;
- Openness to experimentation and change
- Commitment to sharing and hearing opinions
- Cultural diversity
- Developing a global environmental consciousness
- Identifying and developing talent in all our pupils
- To provide accessible and affordable education to all, irrespective of ethnicity, culture, creed or political
- To provide a welcoming and supportive learning environment which facilitates every child’s learning.
- To provide leadership in sharing responsibility for education between the school faculty, the student, the
parents and the wider community.
- To provide interactive educational experiences which develop the skills for independent research and a
problem solving approach for students in and out of the classroom.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of the beliefs and values of different cultures, so that students
may develop a sense of good global citizenship.
- To provide choices and guidance within the educational programmes throughout the entire learning process.
- To prepare students for the challenges of a global society.
Philosophy of the School
- We believe that all students will learn at high levels when instruction meets their individual needs.
- We believe that all people are inspired by high standards and challenging goals.
- We believe that all people flourish in a setting that respects their individual contributions, and the diversity of perspectives they bring to attaining common goals.
- We believe that all people give their best in a culture that promotes trust, encourages risk-taking, and celebrates success.
- We believe that all people excel in an environment that is safe, and offers everyone boundless opportunities for continuous growth and personal success.
- We believe that all people value open, honest, and timely communications and cooperation.
- We believe that all individuals want to be held responsible and rewarded for their contribution to the achievement of common goals.
- We believe that the social, economic, and cultural diversity of our community is a foundation of strength for our school system.
What kind of student will GISU produce
- A student of Galaxy International School Uganda will develop into a caring, innovative and reflective thinker who will take into consideration environmental protection. The child will be nurtured to be open minded, knowledgeable, inquisitive and morally upright in order to prepare for the challenging future.
Teacher role and profile
- Our teachers mould, coach and mentor students in all aspects of life. They work with children on all school activities while ensuring that children develop independent work ethics, leadership and interpersonal skills.The school faculty carefully plan school activities and take full responsibility for those activities in and out of class, aiming to achieve high standards in all facets.Teachers undergo professional development training to provide exposure and understanding of the expected curriculum standards and contemporary practices. They are imaginative, very creative and highly motivated professionals who cherish adding value to children’s quest for knowledge.
Our staff are carefully selected and recruited from different parts of the world in order to be able to share experiences from a broad spectrum.
Galaxy International School Uganda offers the Cambridge International Education (CIE) curriculum. Primary leavers will be assessed using the Cambridge primary Checkpoint assessment while the Year 11 students will do the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examinations, and Years 12 and 13 will take the AS/A level examinations.
Galaxy International School Uganda and its curriculum is authorized by the Ministry of Education, Uganda. The School is also accredited as a Cambridge University International Exam Center for Checkpoint, IGCSE and A Level Diploma Programs, which are recognized by universities and colleges throughout the world, as well as Uganda.