GALAXY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL UGANDA
About: Galaxy International School Uganda (GISU) is a co-educational school located in Lubowa, the school provides international education to students between 2 and half up to 19 years of age. From Early Years to Year 13 students are taught using student-centered methods. Emphasis is on the development of the whole person by producing creative, self-reliant, respectful and moral individuals who will build a better world for us all.
Job title: Early Years Teacher
Job brief: We are looking for two enthusiastic and lively early years teachers to work with pupils between the ages of 2 to 5 years under a prescribed International Early Years Curriculum to develop students’ literacy and numeracy skills and foster social, physical and emotional growth.
This role includes planning, implementing and assessing developmental stages of learners with patience and creativity.
- Assist in the Preparation of daily and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines;
- Act as teacher by teaching a full range of subject areas;
- Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative instructional delivery and planning;
- Maintaining productive working habits and discipline in the classroom;
- Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks;
- Assessing and evaluating students’ educational progress and abilities;
- Assist with setting and conducting tests and exams;
- Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary;
- Organizing, attending and supervising school activities such as trips, school concerts, camps and sporting events;
- Attending staff meetings and training and development sessions.
- When required, the School Management can change your work assignments to fit the Education needs of the school.
- Bachelor Education or Diploma or academically recognised certificate in early childhood development education, any other relevant qualification is added advantage;
- At least 2 – 3 year of working experience in early years education, teaching in an International school setting is an added advantage;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Good organisational and time-management skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm, vigour, patience, dedication and self-discipline;
- Initiative, leadership and supervisory skills and team working abilities;
- Imagination, creativity and innovation;
- Good judgement and an analytical mind.